Critical Access Hospital Support
You have to be more efficient than larger hospitals.
Maintaining CAH status can be challenging. Compliance with the mandate of 96-hour annual length of stay and a 25-bed limit requires ongoing attention to efficiency, service and quality…and that’s only the beginning.
Here’s how QHR can help.
The best care. The best service.
Your operational challenges are significant: serving your community while maintaining a 96-hour average annual length of stay requires unrelenting attention to efficiency, service and quality.
Maintaining your Critical Access Hospital (CAH) status – and cost-based reimbursement – demands that you also adhere to a unique Medicare regulatory scheme; QHR experts can keep your team up-to-date on the changes, and coach you through the complexities.
Providing management support services to almost 80 CAH clients nationwide, QHR has the most experience in America helping critical access hospitals excel. We’ll put that knowledge to work for your team.
- Review cost reports and make reimbursement recommendations to help the hospital obtains the government reimbursement it is due
- Monitor and understand frequent changes in federal regulations that impact CAH reimbursement
- Comply with the CAH mandate of 96-hour annual average length of stay and 25 bed limit, through case management education and consulting that transforms a basic utilization review and discharge planning process into an expanded case management system (including emergency department and outpatient surgery coverage, and operational strategies to manage multiple patient types, such as inpatient, observation, extended recovery and hospice within a 25-bed limit).
- Train your management team and department heads to effectively manage within the CAH environment, with customized education and training courses through The QHR Learning Institute
- Improve free-standing and hospital-based physician practice operations, creating environment needed for improved reimbursement
- Use our proprietary tools to prepare and submit your annual cost report
- Conduct the new product line costing and reimbursement studies required for service additions, downsizings or capital acquisition, due to your cost-based reimbursement status
- Review Medicare Advantage plans, assist with contact negotiations and develop financial modeling
- Improve Medicare cash flow through hospital-specific Medicare contractual accounting models
- Strategically set rates tailored to the local market.
Be a CAH success story.
Your community is counting on you. You can count on QHR – the nation’s leading expert on CAH management – to help you surmount your challenges and be successful.